Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Golden Room

Good Morning!

I have a question for you.  Do you remember when yellow gold was replaced with platinum and anything with a gold tone was frowned upon?  It wasn't that long ago...I'd say that trend started 15 years ago, it has lasted that long, and it still might be the case when it comes to wedding rings.  However, gold is making a HUGE comeback.

I see it everywhere!  Whether it's jewelry, make-up, nail polish, accessories, or home accessories it's coming back in a big way.  I have to say, I'm digging it!  So much so in fact, that I created a dining room design board laced with gold.

You can find these products here...

1.  2.  3.  4.  5.  6.  7.  8.  9. 10.  11.  12.

If you click on each one of these links you can see these products in their grandeur.  The little snippets don't really do them justice.  Be warned though, It may have you contemplating a splurge on silverware or a new rug...just sayin.

While most of these items are way out of my budget, I do think it's nice to spoil yourself with one thing every now and then.  I hope you enjoyed.

Have a happy day everyone!


11 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie! It does look quite lovely! I've always been a white gold lover, but I have to admit that gold in decor is quite lovely!
    I did contemplate gold and white gold together when we got our wedding bands. It had a really beautiful look with the two combined.
    And yes, it is ok to splurge on something you really love here and there.
    Love & hugs!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy this is happening...our house here (purchased in '94) has all brass fixtures - brass fixtures that I can't match for anything when they need to be replaced, because everything has gone to brushed nickle, etc. YAY for gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoght I would swing by and say hi and get inspired by your beautiful blog! I am loving all the gold too! I still like lots of brushed silver and shiny silver but all the gold and glass tables and gold mirrors! LOVE!
    I also love making new bloggy friends! Keep in touch!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie
    So happy to meet you! Im adding you to my blog roll. Looking forward to sharing the blog adventure together

    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still loving the silver accents around my house, but would like to begin incorporating gold! I love that light fixture and the curtains in your design board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad it is making a comeback. I have never lost my love for gold, butter yellow and gold. Good news to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello there! so glad you took time to comment on my blog cause now I found YOU! marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the rug on your design board. I agree about the gold- I'm starting to see it everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still love gold!!!! Especially on old mirror frames. I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love gold and aged brass and think its really a classic thats here to stay, great post!!!
    xo Karolyn
    The Relished Roost

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for visiting and leaving such a nice comment. I am now following you back as well. I like gold when it's used a bit sparingly. A touch here, a touch there - enough to add a bit of bling to a room. The light fixture is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

A comment a day keeps the doctor away...