Sunday, January 20, 2013

traditional homes and a winner!

Happy Sunday Lovelies,

Do you ever take a drive to other neighborhoods to look at the different houses?  When you are on trips, do you find yourself taking the long route so you can explore ?  We do this pretty often and honestly, I love it.  One of my favorite pastimes is taking a peek at someone else's home.

Don't get me wrong, I am A-OK with my house and I'm very grateful for all that I have.  It's not that I want these homes for my own.  It's something quite different than that.

It's an appreciation for the way that homes are built.  The different styles, landscaping, and details added by the homeowners.  It's almost like going to an art gallery.  My eyes take in every small detail and it inspires me to be creative with my own home.  After all, I can create my own masterpiece.

Lately I have been fixated on the traditional style home...





I think that the paint choices, white moulding, pitched roofs, and porches are what get me.  Of course the impeccable landscaping does help. They are seriously beautiful places to live.



White Picket fences and flowers only add more charm *sigh*



Having one lakeside really couldn't hurt...



The traditional home doesn't even have to be on a grand scale to get me gawking...



Small, quaint cottages will do just fine.

And now without further ado...

The winner of my Pottery Barn $20 gift card giveaway is....

Aubrey Laine!
Congratulations!
I will be contacting you via email so I can get that mailed out to you.

Thank you to everyone who participated in my very first giveaway.  I wish I could send everyone a card.  But don't worry, there will be more giveaways to come :-)

Have a beautiful day!



6 comments:

  1. All of those are lovely! And they all have the one element I totally covet: a porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these Natalie!! I was seriously just thinking how nice it would be to build a dream house.. and could pick any of these exteriors!! The porch on the third one seriously had me at hello! ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those houses are all just positively swoonworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such perfect homes. Wouldn't it be nice if all homes were built with such charm. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I really like your post you done a great jobs . Thanks for sharing valuable information.

    traditional homes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your post you done a great jobs . Thanks for sharing valuable information.

    traditional homes

    ReplyDelete

A comment a day keeps the doctor away...