Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Kind Of Style

Good Morning Dolls,

How are you this fine Sunday morning?  I'm doing pretty swell today and my mind is swirling with ambitious ideas for my home.  If someone was to ask me what my favorite decor style is, they'd probably receive a blank stare as my brain flipped through it's photo files as I tried to narrow it down to one. The truth is that I can't say that my home (or taste) reflects just one style. I'm a fan of many. Perhaps it's my indecisiveness or my lack of self control when I see anything pretty that contributes to my choices of an array of home decor.

 If I was to sum it up...I'd say my home is a mix of coastal, shabby, contemporary, and a little vintage thrown in. It's what works for me, and I'm kinda thrilled that I can include all four and still keep my home looking unified.

 Like so many of you, I get inspiration for my home all over blog land. There are so many ideas out there that you can hardly expect a girl like me to choose only one for her home. I've decided to share a few pics below to give you an idea of what my heart desires for my abode.


This home has a perfect combination of contemporary and shabby.  If you notice the vintage desk and slipcovered sofa are complimented by the blasts of green.  The woven rug and window treatments tone down the luxury and make the space livable.  The morrocan footstool in lime gives the room that touch of modern element that I crave.


The contemporary chandelier add more cheer to this room, and play with the blue and green accessories.  The wood floors and white linens and window make the room feel romantic and cozy.


This desk represents the shabby touch that I admire.  The painted furniture and an antique typewriter add character and influence.  The green bottles and old photos add nostalgia to an already perfect space.


This is (to me) is the ideal living space, and has every style consummated into a flawless masterpiece.  Contemporary colors and accessories, white cabinets (yay!), wood floors, the vintage sign, dining table chairs, and pendant lighting.  Last but not least is the painted farmhouse table.  It doesn't get much better than this.  They have this look down pat.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, at least as half as much as I do.  
Happy Sunday Gals!


1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE your style. I am so happy I kept the link to your blog and you are back. Here's to a great 2013....hugs

    ReplyDelete

A comment a day keeps the doctor away...