Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Splendor in the Grass...



During the beginning of the school year I am always reminded of one of my favorite movies that stars Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty.

Splendor in the grass..

It is a truly remarkable movie that was a breakthrough in it's time (1961). It was centered around love and loss, family and friends, and heart and soul.

People are actually surprised to hear that it is one of my favorites due to the fact that it came out a little before my time. The fact of the matter is I love the classics. This movie is about life and heartbreak. It's something we are all familiar with.

Never mind the fact that I share the same name as the leading lady...haha..just thought I'd throw that in.

I'm curious to know if others have seen it and find it just as endearing as I do.

I'm might just be picking this one off the shelf tonight and giving it a watch.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure...Give it a go. You won't regret it.

4 comments:

  1. I will check it out... I have never seen it, love the classics too. They are so different than the movies of today. I feel like the movies nowadays are all the same predictable stuff more or less. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites, too. I love the ending (bittersweet) but the whole dynamic of the movie is top notch. Classics speak to me.

    Oh... I just grabbed your button for my blog roll page. I just love your blog. I've been following you for about a month now. Such a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~*~I havent seen that movie before~But now that you mentioned it I think I will..I just love old classics!!Thanks Natalie~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie, I love these old movies too! I'm letting my followers know that I'm hosting a give-away. Hop on over to enter.
    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

A comment a day keeps the doctor away...